Date: 1/4/19 11:48 am
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Snow Geese 1/4/18
Phil,

Birders tend to bird least closest to home, surely overlooking many good birds by instead traveling to farther away places that seem to have better promise for producing a more diverse assortment of species or out of place birds. The 5MR challenge is sure to reveal that we have been missing a lot of interesting stuff right under our noses. Between, work, and fighting a nasty cold (which I have apparently passed on to Shawneen) we have only been out birding our patch once (New Year's Day) thus far. Once we get through this weekend and my daughter Lucy's wedding on Saturday, we intend to focus on exploring our home circle regularly. I know we'll find some good stuff and benefit from the discoveries of others whose patches overlap ours.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR