Date: 1/4/19 7:19 am
From: David Sarkozi <david...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Texas CBC Challenge
I kept track of my species during the CBC season (actually I guess there is
still a day to go!) I've had 199 species. I've done seven CBCs. Since a day
is only about 10.5 hours of day light I would guess my max party hours
would be no more than 73.5 making my species per party hour 2.7

So how many party hours did the Matagorda County CBC generate? what is the
species per party hour?

I've never thought the Matagorda County CBC totals where unexpected. Its a
transitional zone, it has a lot of fresh, salt, and brackish wetlands, It
doesn't loose much habitat to urbanization and most important it gets very
good coverage and generates a lot of party hours.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX

Join us on Facebook!