Date: 1/3/19 3:05 pm
From: Andrew Bankert <abankert2007...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fort Collins Gyrfalcon
Around 3:30 this afternoon, I had the Gyrfalcon fly by the north side of
the landfill (now that they have us viewing from the top). When I left
around 3:45, the Gyrfalcon was perched on a pipe (I think for methane
capture?) on the north side of the landfill. Unfortunately, I couldn't see
this from the landfill and had to view from a pullout on Taft Hill Road
just northeast of the landfill. I also saw the adult Glaucous-winged Gull
within a minute of scoping the gulls at the landfill, but unfortunately it
flew while I was getting my camera out of the trunk. This species is
turning into a photo nemesis for me in Colorado.

Andy Bankert
Fort Collins