Date: 1/3/19 2:03 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Birds of Late
I envy Tim's 5-MR patch.

Wayne
On 1/3/2019 3:42:56 PM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
No luck lately refinding the WW DOVE Adrian Hinkle found on the 20th in North Bend- last reported on the 27th.

The HARRIS’S SPARROW was still at Millicoma Marsh on east side of Coos Bay on the 1st. I put more seed down this morning. The C YELLOWTHROAT was calling away, one can usually hear it while watching seed from kiosk.

Yesterday BURROWING OWL continued at Bandon Dunes GC and the Arago N MOCKINGBIRD also continued. There was a SHRIKE, assuming NORTHERN, at about the 13.5 mile marker on N Bank Road east of Bandon yesterday. As soon as I stopped truck to check it out it disappeared.

On the 1st the 4 PALM WARBLERS continued at the east end of Virginia St. in N Bend.

This morning there was one SNOW GOOSE with 150+ Canada Geese in the Catching Slough pastures of Coos Bay (east of Millicoma Marsh). Also 30 GWF Geese and at least two Cacklers.
I then drove down near Coquille where another yellowthroat contines along railroad tracks below Hwy 42 (Winter Lake overlook, 8 mi marker).

Yesterday there was another yellowthroat behind the Langlois store- probably same bird seen a couple blocks away a few days ago. Met Jim Rogers and struck out on magpie yet again  ; (

Coquille Valley CBC coming upon Saturday - should be a blast!

Merry New Bird,
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!