Date: 1/3/19 9:37 am
From: Craig Tumer <craig...>
Subject: [obol] Re: timely notification: OBOL vs eBird
Paul et al.,
Reports of rarities need to be vetted by eBird reviewers before they
show up in the areas where you looked for WRSA sightings, as described
below. That can take quite some time. If the reports haven't been
confirmed by a reviewer they would not show up in the areas where you
searched.

The easiest way to see recent rarity reports submitted to eBird is to
go to the "Alerts" section, which can be reached from the "Explore"
page. Once at the "Alerts" page, enter the county, state, or country
you're interested in, and eBird will generate a list of rare birds
reported for that location within the last week, regardless of whether
the reports have been confirmed by the eBird reviewer. It's really
quite simple once you know where to look.
Fewer people are reporting sightings to OBOL than in the past, and
posts of l ong-staying rarities to OBOL die off pretty quickly after
the first few days of sightings.

Craig TumerPortland