Date: 1/3/19 9:28 am
From: Gary Roberts <sgricr76...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Texbirds is important
Hooraay for Lori!!
My wife, "Gene" and I volunteered at Bentsen Rio Grande State Park for over ten years every winter to do the daily bird walks and improve their birding program. After Alzheimer's affected Gene to where we could no longer participate, we are able to keep up with birding through David's good efforts. I cannot thank him enough for so generously providing this service for those of us that can no longer carry the scope and walk the trails.
For those of you that seek other sources for birding information--God's Speed!
For me, while Gene is resting, I enjoy checking in the see what is going on.

Heartfelt Thanks David!

Gary & "Gene" Roberts
Age 86 & Still 'Looking"
Austin, Texas
On Thu, 1/3/19, L Markoff <canyoneagle...> wrote:

Subject: [texbirds] Texbirds is important
To: <Clay.Taylor...>, "'Donna Silvers'" <silvers713...>, <kbarnold2...>
Cc: <david...>, "'TexBirds'" <texbirds...>
Date: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:09 AM

Greetings, All.

In the early 2000s when I
still lived in Virginia a friend who birded Texas suggested
I check it out.  I joined Texbirds to find out more.  I
learned about Texas birds, but I also learned about the
important work that TOS (Texas Ornithological Society)
does.  Saving habitat by buying it made sense to me,
because habitat is what it is all about.  I became a life
member of TOS even before I moved to Texas.  I would have
never known about TOS without Texbirds.

I have always boycotted Facebook due to privacy
concerns.  If others choose to use it, fine, that is their
business, but I will not do so.  It saddened and frustrated
me to see Texbirds dwindle due to people moving to FB.  I
thank everyone who stuck with Texbirds, you people rock.

David, thank you for keeping
Texbirds going, you rock even more!  Btw, I vote for the
name TACO (Texas All County Ornithology) Challenge!

Also, having birded with David
a few times I have found him upbeat, humorous, and
definitely non-political.  He is really fun to bird with,
as is his super-nice wife, Donna.

I am staying close to home right now due to
caring for my 91-year-old mom.  But someday I will be
birding in Texas again, and when I do, I will report my
findings on Texbirds.

Cheers everyone!

Lori Markoff
formerly Austin,
TX, currently, Eugene, OR, soon to be Citrus Heights, CA
(near Sacramento)