Date: 1/3/19 9:10 am
From: L Markoff <canyoneagle...>
Subject: [texbirds] Texbirds is important
Greetings, All.

In the early 2000s when I still lived in Virginia a friend who birded Texas suggested I check it out. I joined Texbirds to find out more. I learned about Texas birds, but I also learned about the important work that TOS (Texas Ornithological Society) does. Saving habitat by buying it made sense to me, because habitat is what it is all about. I became a life member of TOS even before I moved to Texas. I would have never known about TOS without Texbirds.

I have always boycotted Facebook due to privacy concerns. If others choose to use it, fine, that is their business, but I will not do so. It saddened and frustrated me to see Texbirds dwindle due to people moving to FB. I thank everyone who stuck with Texbirds, you people rock.

David, thank you for keeping Texbirds going, you rock even more! Btw, I vote for the name TACO (Texas All County Ornithology) Challenge!

Also, having birded with David a few times I have found him upbeat, humorous, and definitely non-political. He is really fun to bird with, as is his super-nice wife, Donna.

I am staying close to home right now due to caring for my 91-year-old mom. But someday I will be birding in Texas again, and when I do, I will report my findings on Texbirds.

Cheers everyone!

Lori Markoff
formerly Austin, TX, currently, Eugene, OR, soon to be Citrus Heights, CA (near Sacramento)