Date: 1/3/19 8:27 am
From: Ken Klapper <kklapper...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Sandwich - another shrike
To add to the shrike sightings...

My very first bird of the new year was a shrike seen in my backyard
yesterday (Jan 2). Presumably the same immature Dave Mallard and I saw
during the Sandwich CBC on Dec 30th... which was right across the road -
light brown wash on the chest, but overall grayish with a partial mask.

Not sure what they're eating with the dearth of songbirds... hopefully they
have some intel on a second wave of irruptive finches!

Ken Klapper
Sandwich, NH