Date: 1/2/19 7:53 pm
From: Leon Bright <urraca2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Banding Rosy-finches in Colorado - We have a neat listserv
COBirders-- On New Year's Day at 5:00 p.m. I posted a query about a banded
Rosy-finch photographed the day before on the Westcliffe CBC in Custer
County. I asked if anyone knew of records of Rosy-finch banding in our
state. Several COBirders responded right away, with two reminding me of a
Dec. 12 post to COBirds asking for help in collecting data about
Rosy-finches for CPW. About two hours later I received an email from Aaron
Yappert, the author of the December post for help. Later he contacted other
participants in the Westcliffe CBC and yesterday at 2:00 p.m. he told us
that, ".as far as I can tell, the band on the left leg is entirely silver.
We put colored bands on the left leg and unfortunately, our black bands fade
to silver within a year or so. A solid silver band, likely originally a
black band, indicates that this bird was banded on a Mesa about 15 driving
miles WNW of Telluride, CO, sometime between January and April of 2018."

Thank you, COBirders!!

Leon Bright, Pueblo