Date: 1/2/19 3:39 pm
From: Scott Somershoe <ssomershoe...>
Subject: [cobirds] Jefferson and Arapahoe Co - 2 Jan
I hadn’t planned to bird today but spent half the day out killing furlough time.

Missed fox sparrow at red rocks, but caught up with some friends who were also looking. A canyon wren put on a show though.

I about immediately found the golden-crowned sparrow in Morrison. Missed winter wren at Morrison park, but didn’t know to look for one.

Went up for a futile try for the Golden rosy finches as they hadn’t been seen in a few hours. I pulled onto the street and a black and gray-crowned were in tree by the street! Only birds around!

Ran into Art Hudak and Cynthia Madson at S Platte where the Black Scoter put on a show along with a lot of other waterfowl (16 species plus pied-billed grebe).

First bird at the Carson Nature Center was the Harris’s sparrow. I also had a solitaire and two yellow-rumped warblers. Two dippers continued in the river.

Eventually I’ll get photos in the eBird lists.

Good birding!
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone