Date: 1/2/19 10:17 am
From: Mark Welch <welch.mark3...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Contest Name
Rest well. Bob. I did not see your post, so Big Bird Brother is watching.
(ctrl-alt-delete)

Beto...nice analogy, but does not= birds, their county voting registration
vacillates, with each weather system that blows through. Non-migratory
observations, like knowing who lives with you all year...a nice
illumination & data on a county by county basis. Exceptional notice posted
here of the tribes moving through are fun (where are the pine siskins?).
Those exceptional sightings...not considered rare & are simply seasonal,
not everyday, are neato. I.E.-- this week, I have seen a lot of critters
who signaled weather-on-the-way. (If I see juncos, I know to fire up the
chain saw.)

Be well.

Mark in Dripping.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 11:41 AM Robert Friz <rnfriz...> wrote:

> I'd like to apologize to our friends on Texbirds for my comments regarding
> the contest name. My thoughts were sincere, but my approach was out of
> line, and I am very sorry.
>
> I really like the current activity on Texbirds, with a contest to name the
> contest. It will be fun to watch David's progress around the state, as we
> have done with his anthologies in the past -- whatever the name of the
> contest.
>
> I'm glad we are back to talking about birding!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bob Friz
> Leonard, Texas

Join us on Facebook!