Date: 1/2/19 6:06 am
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Freeport-Brunswick CBC "West Freeport" sector highlights and analysis.
Hi all,In the last few weeks, many folks in southern Maine - and elsewhere around the country - have been reporting few birds at feeders and overall "low" bird numbers. While the woods are definitely quiet right now locally, I used my annual territory on Sunday's Freeport-Brunswick Christmas Bird Count to see just how slow it is or is not out there right now. The results were definitely mixed. Highlights were limited to a record total of 29 EVENING GROSBEAKS, but several record highs and lows were also attained.

https://mebirdingfieldnotes.blog/2019/01/02/are-there-no-birds-out-there-a-day-on-a-christmas-bird-count-as-a-case-study/

-Derek

 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

 Freeport Wild Bird Supply