Date: 1/1/19 5:23 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Some western Arapahoe County birds
The female *Black Scoter* continues into 2019 at South Platte Park
Reservoir. The reservoir was mostly frozen when I visited near sunset, but
a nice open area at the southeast corner had lots of ducks. They were
mostly ducks of a feather flocking together in somewhat discreet groups
according to species. Of interest were *Buffleheads* foraging at the
surface where the aeration or bubblers area, in a manner like a Nor.
Shoveler. Some photos of this are on this checklist.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51192382

Also noted were 8 *Greater Scaup* and 2 *Red-breasted Mergansers*. I was
hoping for gulls, but just a few ringers flew by.

Earlier an *American Dipper* continued along the South Platte near Mineral
Ave., and a *Swamp Sparrow* was at the north side of the marsh on the north
side of Ketring Lake in Littleton.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO