Date: 1/1/19 4:54 pm
From: Carl Schroeder <omiimiig...>
Subject: [wisb] T. Solitaire today in Brown Cty
The Townsend Solitaire was present today on Crow Road in Brown County. When
I first arrived about 830 while exiting the car I heard it's squeaky callis
from the mixed Red Cedar/Hickory/Oak woods. I walked up and down the road
for an hour, hearing it call again but remaining hidden from my view.
Finally I played a brief recording of it's song and in seconds it flew to
the top of an oak overhead, perched for 10 seconds and disappeared again in
the woods. This bird has a nice area with lots of cedar berries to get it
through the winter.
Carl Schroeder
School Hill, Manitowoc Cty