Date: 1/1/19 3:03 pm
From: Michael Boatwright via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] SAY'S PHOEBE- Amherst County
Donna Mateski de Sanchez reported the SAY'S PHOEBE was back at bridge
crossing Thrashers Creek on Sandiges Rd in Amherst County around Noon today
Jan 1, 2019.

From 2:15-3:45 Jan 1, I watched the bird working the fence behind and
slightly south of the red brick Mill (with green roof) a couple of tenths
of a mile south of the creek crossing. The Mill is at 372 Sandiges Rd.

The best advice I can give you if you go looking for this bird is to plan
on staying awhile. The phoebe obviously moves around quite a bit and tends
to stay in any particular area for an hour or two at a time. The two best
spots to concentrate on appear to be the fields on the west side of the the
road where Thrashers Creek crosses under the road and the fence line behind
the Mill where I saw this afternoon (it was seen on this fence line briefly
by Logan Anderson and Mark Johnson on Dec 25 as well). But it could appear
anywhere along the one half mile stretch between the brush pile next to the
old barn 1/4 mile south of the mill and the bridge over Thrashers Creek.

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Mike

Michael R. Boatwright

Amherst, VA