Date: 1/1/19 2:43 pm
From: Joyce Takamine <jabirujt...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pink-footed Goose on New Years Day
Maggie Boswell, my sister Connie and I decided to try for the Pink-footed
Goose.
We arrived around 8:30 and started scanning. We found the Long-tailed Duck
several times but did not see the goose before the Bald Eagle scattered the
mass of
geese. We continued scanning and more and more geese were arriving. We
decided
to take a break to warm up. When we returned we continued scanning from
the north end.
Soon Connie spotted the goose who was on the shore just feet from us. We
saw the Pink-foot around 10:30.

Joyce Takamine
Boulder