Date: 1/1/19 8:25 am
From: jarojim <jimjarosz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Happy New Year and New Bird Year to all - early Montrose report
Went out early, before the COS walk, as I have family brunch this morning.
Started off with finding our resident Piping Plover - still at Montrose
Beach.
I did see a Towhee too.

All the regular birds were there. Nothing unusual. Did spend some time
looking for Owls but did not find any. Waves were huge and easily making
it over the wall by the pier. Very icy sidewalks.

Red B Nuthatch
Chick-a-dee
Cardinal
Ring-billed Gulls
Herring Gull
Common Merganser
Red B Merganser
C Goldeneye
E Towhee
Canada Goose
Mallard
Hooded Merganser
House Sparrow
American Tree Sparrow
Robins

I have to go through my pictures after brunch to see what, if anything else
I found. Did not spend a lot of time looking out in the open as the wind
was biting through you when out in the elements.

Jim J
Norridge

Join us on Facebook!