Date: 12/31/18 4:14 pm
From: JM Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] grouse encounters of the third kind (and today's pine grosbeaks)
Trying to finish out the year with as many birds as possible, Michael and I searched all over for a spruce grouse. Again. (Previous times were on Ethan Pond, and Moose Alley/Pondicherry). Yesterday found us north in Errol frequenting many interesting areas including Lake Umbagog (thanks Lori also for the hospitality). Finally we found tracks that were definitely grouse. So we “tracked” for a long distance in the snow finally finding a spot or two where the grouse stopped. Yup it stopped for sure, there was scat there. Now which grouse scat was that you say? I’ll let you decide.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51135419

bird? well afraid not.

Today as we headed up to prospect farm to ski, on the road eating grit to very calm gorgeous pine grosbeaks. Unfortunately no camera. What a shame! But a beautiful bird to finish out 2018
Happy New Year to all, Happy birding as well

Jeanne-Marie Maher/Michael Pahl
Nashua and Jackson NH