Date: 12/30/18 7:49 pm
From: stewar2090 <stewar2090...>
Subject: [cobirds] "Storm" variant American Wigeon El Paso Co.
Greetings,
There was an very sharp "Storm" variant (all white head with green stripe, lacking speckling) male American Wigeon at Prospect lake in Colorado Springs this evening. I'm not sure of how rare this variant is here, but in my years of sorting thousands of wigeons in Indiana I have not come across a bird that exhibits this much white. Sharp duck indeed. I've linked my ebird checklist below:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51

Best,Tyler Stewart
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone