Date: 12/30/18 5:05 pm
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Ashland CBC Count Week additions
After dipping on the Palm Warbler, Violet and I walked the Imperatrice
Property above the TID ditch. We flushed a SHORT-EARED OWL off the ground
and watched it circle out of sight.
Perhaps it is the same bird that spent the winter up there last year.(I
hope so. )

When we returned to the truck parked on Irish Lane I noticed some commotion
on the hillside above us. Two GOLDEN EAGLES and a pile of Common Ravens
were on a carcass. Later a couple of Bald Eagles showed up. And across the
road a Prairie Falcon repeatedly dove on a fallow garden area after
something causing another sort of commotion amongst the local blackbirds.
American Kestrel and a pair of Red-tailed Hawks completed that episode of
"Live Raptor Action" .

The Golden Eagles and the Short-eared Owl are the count week additions.

happy end of the year,
frank