Date: 12/30/18 2:53 pm
From: Ashley Lohr via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Blandy marsh wren YES; Sully Woodlands No. shrike NO
After 45 mins, saw the MARSH WREN at Blandy Experimental Farm (Clarke Co.)
yesterday (12/29). Only managed 1 quick photo. It was in the reeds/grass at
the edge of the pond. Viewed from the gravel road running between the pond
and Rattlesnake Springs marsh.

A RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH bounced between the feeder and the surrounding
trees near the office
Took my boyfriend to see the NORTHERN SHRIKE this afternoon (I've seen it
in past years). Arrived at Sully Woodlands (Fairfax Co.) at 4pm, left at
4:45pm. No shrike. Last eBird report was 12/18, but I assume the bird is
still around based on data from past years.

Had a NORTHERN HARRIER working the W/NW field (and another flyover harrier
before we left but possibly the same individual). Also saw a perched adult
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK and 2 FOX SPARROWS in the Rubus along the main path by
the old building.