Date: 12/30/18 2:47 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: FOS
Earlier this week I was thrilled to finally have a White-crowned Sparrow
in my yard.  It had the markings of a first winter bird. They used to be
regulars but haven't been for well over five years.

Midweek I saw a pair of Red-tailed Hawk along Marlow Rd, beyond Rt 9.
Must be their favorite tree because whenever I see one of them that is
where they are.  Saw another immature Eagle on the lone tree in the big
field off this road.  This was a different one from a few days ago, more
brown coloring.

Driving down Rissler Rd was not productive.  I did see a Kingfisher, a
pair of Common Mergansers and some Canada Geese. Standing water in that
area as well.  From the looks of it the road must have been flooded
earlier.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town

Join us on Facebook!