Date: 12/30/18 8:16 am
From: Jennifer Frost -Dunbarton <jennfrost67...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Re: Monson's may 2018 golden-winged warblers - where'd they go?
Hi,
Most Warblers migrate south to warmer areas in the fall. I read in Cornell
Ornithology that the Golden winged warbler is a long distance migrant to
Mexico, places like Costa Rica .It also states that it's numbers have
decreased by 68% since 1966 due to loss of habitat but that the Cornell lab
has a conservation plan in place to try increase their numbers by
preserving their habitat. It's nice you saw them, I have not seen any yet!
I hope they visit you again when they return in April/May.