Date: 12/30/18 8:08 am
From: Jed Hertz <jhh_60910...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET ILKV CBC Update: SE Owl, Gray Catbird, Nashville Warbler, White-eyed Vireo
Hi all,
Just an update from yesterday's (Saturday, 12/29/2018) Kankakee Valley CBC now that most reports have been submitted.   At our compilation gathering last night we totaled 67 species, four below our average of 71 species.  With more reports coming in we added 4 more species to bring us to 71 species and counting.  Included in the additional 4 species was a rare Short-eared Owl (2nd for this count - 20130) bringing us a total of four rare finds for our ILKV CBC.  The other three included a Gray Catbird (2nd for our count - 2015), and two never before sighted species on our CBC: Nashville Warbler and White-eyed Vireo.  Both species were photographed allowing the entire group an excellant look at these rare finds.
Full report to come later.
Cheers, Jed Hertz
Kankakee Co, IL (60 mi South of Chicago)
Photos/Videos:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhertz/
Data: https://ebird.org/region/US-IL-091?yr=all
Birdscaping: http://bringingnaturehome.net/

Join us on Facebook!