Date: 12/30/18 6:14 am
From: Dan Smith <dan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Crested Caracara returns to Denton Co - a pair!
When I started birding in the late 1970s, Austin was very nearly the northern limit of their range. Things are moving toward the poles, though, as the world warms up.

Dan Smith
<dan...> <mailto:<dan...>
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com <http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com/>

"Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.” Thomas Jefferson, 1814.

> On Dec 29, 2018, at 9:55 PM, Marilyn Turnage <marilynturnage...> wrote:
>
> We've been on the lookout for the Crested Caracara that was here last winter to come back, and sure enough, today (12/29/18) we spotted a pair of them by FM 1171 just east of HWY 377. One was sitting in a tree right by the road, and another was flying low and circling, interacting with the one in the tree.

Join us on Facebook!