Date: 12/29/18 9:14 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Winter Barn Swallow in Central Oregon
There has been strong air movement from south to north the past little
while, which has brought various swallow species to Oregon regularly during
CBC season over the many years. Climate change is always happening. As for
anthropogenic climate change being the reason behind anything and
everything...such unimaginative post hoc propter hoc does a great
disservice to science in general. The Eugene CBC recorded a Turkey Vulture
once in the 50s.

On Dec 29, 2018 8:53 PM, <clearwater...> wrote:

Hi Craig & All,
A few years back we had a Barn Swallow flying around just as volunteers
were coming back in for the countdown at the Thomas Condon Visitor Center
in the John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, for the Antone CBC. Recorded
for the count.

Definitely a good CBC sighting but not unprecedented. Climate change is
happening!

Joel
[obol] Winter Barn Swallow in Central Oregon

- *From*: Craig Miller <gismiller@xxxxxxxxx>
- *To*: cobol <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Birders Online
<obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- *Date*: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 20:38:40 -0800

Hi all,

While birding at the Crooked River Wetlands, Marilyn and I observed a BARN
SWALLOW flying along the Crooked River. I am not aware of any other swallow
records in Central Oregon during either December or January.

Photos attached

Cheers,

Craig Miller
Bend