Date: 12/29/18 8:58 pm
From: 'Molly Jacobson' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Monson's may 2018 golden-winged warblers - where'd they go?
Hi all,I was looking back on old ebird reports and remembered the two golden-winged warblers that showed up for a couple of weeks at Old Monson Village in Hollis/Milford. Both were there singing, and it seemed hopeful that they'd stick around. But after a while it seemed that reports of them stopped - what happened to them? Were they just not there one day? Did they both leave at the same time or did one linger? What could have caused them to leave that suitable habitat? Once I'd seen the bird myself I stopped paying much attention to updates on them so I realize now that that left me with unanswered questions as to how long they actually did stay at that location. I am just curious, that's all!
-Molly JacobsonMerrimack
(On the same topic, I always thought it interesting that they were reportedly singing blue-winged songs, but when I observed one, it was singing a golden-winged song. Can these hybrids alternate at will?)