Date: 12/29/18 8:53 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Winter Barn Swallow in Central Oregon
Hi Craig & All,
A few years back we had a Barn Swallow flying around just as volunteers were coming back in for the countdown at the Thomas Condon Visitor Center in the John Day Fossil Bed National Monument, for the Antone CBC. Recorded for the count.

Definitely a good CBC sighting but not unprecedented. Climate change is happening!

Joel
[obol] Winter Barn Swallow in Central Oregon

* From : Craig Miller <gismiller@xxxxxxxxx>
* To : cobol <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Date : Sat, 29 Dec 2018 20:38:40 -0800

Hi all,

While birding at the Crooked River Wetlands, Marilyn and I observed a BARN
SWALLOW flying along the Crooked River. I am not aware of any other swallow
records in Central Oregon during either December or January.

Photos attached

Cheers,

Craig Miller
Bend