Date: 12/29/18 6:39 pm
From: Peter Fissel <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender peter.fissel for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Leucistic Red-tailed Hawk (Columbia Co.)
Interesting to see Jim's leucistic Mourning Dove. My spotter and I had a very similarly-plumaged Red-tailed Hawk today while doing our section of the Poynette Christmas Bird Count. I was glad I had my scope along, as it was very intriguing through binoculars - I wanted to make it into a Snowy Owl, even though it was perched in a small deciduous tree. Unfortunately, it wasn't very cooperative for photos with my rather "ancient" digital camera.

The bird was along County B just east of Hwy 22, a few miles west of Rio in Columbia County.

Peter Fissel

Madison WI