Date: 12/29/18 11:33 am
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Leucistic Mourning Dove ~ Yard Bird Waukesha Co. 12/29/18, some images...
Hi all,
Just as I was ready to leave the house for birding this morning, something
outside caught my eye. 3 Mourning Doves had just landed in a tree near the
feeders and one was leucistic. It dropped down to one of the feeders and
started eating seeds. What a nice surprise it was! After only a couple of
minutes a Gray Squirrel dropped down to another feeder and flushed the 3
doves away. I found it interesting that Mourning Doves frequent the yard
daily, usually 3-8 is common. I would assume they are typically the same
birds, why would you think differently. I found out this is not true as
this leucistic bird has never been seen here before. I hung around a while
but the bird did not return. All images were shot through a window.

Images of the Leucistic Mourning Dove at the link below if you care to view
them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/leucistic-mourning-dove-a-yard-bird-in-waukesha-county-on-december-29-2018/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/leucistic-mourning-dove-a-yard-bird-in-waukesha-county-on-december-29-2018/>*

Thanks and good birding,