Date: 12/29/18 7:44 am
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] On Ruffed Grouse on the Dallas CBC
Regarding ruffed grouse getting reported on the Dallas CBC: I suspect the farther back in time the more they were reported, mainly because one could access the road along Rickreall Creek which goes out to the city Reservoir. That access was withdrawn after the fire in about 1989. Roy Gerig might remember where they were reported from more often. And since their populations tend to be cyclical it could be we are in a lull in latter years. I drove plenty of logging roads last year doing a big year and only saw one. But it is good to have a jinx bird as it gets you out there looking for it.

Bill Tice. Birding, the best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores. POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!