Date: 12/28/18 3:34 pm
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Magnolia Warbler, Lincoln
I went up to search for the Black and White warbler without success today.
There was a Swamp Sparrow calling from south of the telephone pole where
Adrian had the warbler last weekend. North of the road I heard a
distinctive meowing call. It was coming from the north edge of the western
pond. Never saw it, but a Steller's Jay was in the same area and seemed
suspicious. Maybe it learned the call last winter...or maybe another bird
that overwintered last year returned.

The MAGNOLIA WARBLER was easy to find in the trees at the north end of the
parking lot at Ona Beach. Is there a concensus on this birds age?

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City

Join us on Facebook!