Date: 12/28/18 1:22 pm
From: David Dowell <dave1wx...>
Subject: [cobirds] volunteer opportunity: News from the Field
"News from the Field" has been a regular article in the CFO's quarterly
journal "Colorado Birds" for a long time, summarizing bird trends and rare
birds in Colorado. I've enjoyed contributing during the last few years.
It's been a great opportunity to learn about bird distributions in
Colorado and what rare birds are being found around the state.

My contributions to "News from the Field" have relied heavily on the ebird
"basic dataset". Unfortunately this ebird dataset isn't available to me
any more.

It would be possible to write "News from the Field" from reports from
Cobirds, the West Slope Birding Network, and social media. If you might be
interested in contributing to "News from the Field", possibly taking it in
a new direction, contact me (dave1wx at gmail.com) and Colorado Birds
editor Christy Payne.

David Dowell
Longmont, Colorado