Date: 12/28/18 12:16 pm
From: Glenn Hodgkins <hodgkinsglenn...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Augusta CBC summary
The species total of 53 for the Augusta Christmas Bird Count was about
average. We had a couple new records for high counts and several species
had much higher than average (count has been going since 1970). Species
such as Eastern Bluebird and Red-bellied Woodpeckers continue to increase
in our area in the winter. There were low numbers of a couple duck species
likely because of the low amount of open water. For irruptive birds, we had
a lot of Bohemian Waxwings and some Pine Grosbeaks but no Evening Grosbeaks
or Common Redpolls. Rare or unusual sparrows for our CBC included
White-Crowned, Chipping, and Fox. See a more detailed summary and a link to
the complete count at: http://augustabirds.org/wp/augusta-cbc/

Glenn Hodgkins