Date: 12/28/18 9:50 am
From: Adrian Burke via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Possible Boreal Owl
I went back to the East River Preserve this morning looking for the
possible Boreal Owl. I scoured the woods from which I heard the bird last
evening, as well as a nearby cedar grove to the southwest, and found a
grand total of zero owls.

Obviously, locating roosting owls is difficult, so I wouldn't be surprised
if the bird in question is still around (if it is indeed a Boreal Owl).

Here's the link to my eBird checklist from yesterday evening when I heard
the bird with more detailed comments than I have provided here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51005637 .

Good birding, and good luck to anyone who may try for it.

Adrian Burke
Manhattan, NY