Date: 12/27/18 6:05 pm
From: Steven Rash <srashchiro...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Larimer County gull report
I took a crack at the landfill on X-mas eve... There were certainly a lot
of different gulls out there. I have attached a couple of photos of the
closest one I could find to the reported Slaty. Is this the same bird you
guys have been seeing? Unfortunately wasn't able to get a picture of the
primary extension as the bird crested the hill without presenting them.
Through the scope the mantle seemed dark, but not as dark as the pictures
came out, a couple of shades lighter than a Lesser Black Backed that was
seen shortly after this.

[image: _DSC3640 (2).jpg]

[image: _DSC3638 (2).jpg]

[image: _DSC3648 (2).jpg]

Also, is this the Nelson's gull you saw, Andy?

Steve Rash

Denver Co.