Date: 12/27/18 4:34 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Dove, Harris’s, Palms 12/27/18
At noon I headed down to the Coquille Valley to put seed down for upcoming
CBC. It was still pretty foggy but did see 4 Turkey Vultures spinning
upwards into the fog- kind of surreal. Only one Swamp Sparrow calling at
Johnson Mill Pond.

I was going to meet Barb Griffin at 2PM to look for the WW DOVE Adrian
Hinkle found a week ago. However when I called her she said she had gone
out early and ran into a birder named Mike who showed her the dove- thanks
Mike! Barb’s place is only a couple blocks from where the dove has mostly
been seen.

So I decided to go over to the end of Virginia Ave (east end) in N Bend to
look for Palm Warbler Tim Gannon reported yesterday. I caught up with it
north of there where Florida St ends at log mill. Just south of there low
in the few shore pines and a Doug-fir along railroads tracks where 4 PALMS.
They were sort of hidden in trees but would occasinally fly into the grass
and forage on the ground.

From there I stopped at Millicoma Marsh to freshen the seed pile since I
want to do a Cape Arago Audubon trip there in Jan. The HARRIS’S is still
there plus 2-4 Swamp Sparrows at the seed (saw two out in open on both
sides of trail but not at same time?).

Nice day with lotsa sun and temps in lower 50s.

Merry New Bird!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!