Date: 12/27/18 1:03 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford/Milford CBC Area Z Results
12/22. A team of seven birders (and one reporter) had a great birding day in Area Z (Short Beach). We tallied 76 species in our area, with highlights being: 2 NORTHERN SHOVELER, 8 CANVASBACK, 11 COMMON EIDER, all 3 Scoter species (2 BLACK), 4 PIED-BILLED GREBE, 3 AM. COOT, 6 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, 1 ALCID, sp., Great and DC Cormorants, BARRED and LONG-EARED OWLS, 2 MERLIN, 3 PEREGRINE, 9 Monk Parakeet, 4 COMMON RAVEN, Winter Wren, 1 PINE SISKIN, and 2 White-crowned Sparrows.

In addition, outside Area Z, I saw 3 GREAT EGRETS at Raven Pond predawn, and counted 28 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES coming into evening roost at Access Rd at dusk.

Thanks especially to Patrick Comins, Stefan Martin, and Corrie Folsom-O’Keefe.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone