Date: 12/27/18 12:45 pm
From: Andrew Bankert <abankert2007...>
Subject: [cobirds] Gyrfalcon Larimer County
The Gyrfalcon came through the landfill around 10:15 this morning and then
sat on one of the large power poles on Trilby Road for a while before
flying off to the west to chase some Rock Pigeons and then flying northeast
and out of sight over Cathy Fromme Prairie. The Glaucous and Nelson's
Gulls were at the landfill this morning before the Gyr came through, and I
photographed a white-winged gull that is probably a Thayer's Gull that
appeared to have a solid white wing in flight (photos show some dark on the
primaries) that made me hopeful for Glaucous-winged Gull. We later saw the
Glacuous and Nelson's Gulls at Warren Lake.

Good Birding,
Andy Bankert