Date: 12/27/18 12:33 pm
From: Patrice via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Fwd: late Goshawk report
Goshawk -recant
I'm recanting that 12/20/2018 Ellington Goshawk. I just saw the same bird
in the same area & had a better chance to look it over front & back. I have
concluded it is a large juv Cooper's Hawk. It's tail seems to show some
wear as noted before. But the tail pattern is not Goshawk - bands are
smooth not jagged & do not have white borders. It is quite mottled on the
back, but I know Cooper's can be that way too. And the supercilium was more
light buffy than white (it may have looked whiter in the sun the other
day). My apologies to all... I will fix bird report.
Patrice