Date: 12/27/18 10:07 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Umbrella Birding At Wood Dale Reservoir Thursday 12-27-18
Hello Bird People,

Decided I was going birding today rain or no rain & rain it did. But
undaunted by the weather conditions I & my trusty umbrella walked the
entire loop route around the reservoir plus all the way to the middle
pond, the creek & the western wetlands. Didn't find anything special
but I got my walk in & saw some birds & that's usually my goal.

Wood Dale Reservoir (8:45-10 a.m.)

Reservoir Only

Great Blue Heron (2)
Canada Geese (52 at the start but most left)
Mallard (34)
Common Goldeneye (3-M & 7-F)
Common Merganser (14)
Ring Billed (12) & Herring (15) Gulls

Middle Pond

Only repeat species with more Great Blues (2), Common Mergs (18) &
Herring Gulls (5)

Western Wetlands

Again more repeats with Mallards (23) & Ring Billed (4) & Herring (12) Gulls

Land Birds

Mourning Dove (1), Tree (2) & Song (1) Sparrows & Juncos (8-10)

It was not easy to get accurate counts for the Mergs & Gulls as they
were flying between places but I've estimated as best I can.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the single Song Sparrow & Runners-Up to all the
nice looking Common Mergansers.

Al Stokie
In DuPage County for a little while in the a.m.

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: