Date: 12/27/18 8:54 am
From: Jonathan Schuler <jkschuler...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Yellow-Throated Warbler in St. Charles has left the building
I don't want to be premature here, but I have not seen the Yellow-Throated
Warbler in my backyard since about noon on Dec. 23. The bird had been
incredibly consistent with its routine from Nov. 20, and every day
thereafter through Dec. 23 (with the exception of Thanksgiving Day when I
wasn't home to observe). It was observed for the CBC as well, and in my
research, appears to be the latest this species has been spotted in the
state. My hope is that it took the opportunity to fly to warmer pastures.

I had upward of 30 people visit my backyard to see and photograph this bird
in the time it was here. Thanks to this forum and Kane County Audubon for
confirming the ID when it first appeared. I was apprehensive about the ID
since it was so late and I had never seen one before. But I found everyone
online and who showed up to my house to be incredibly respectful, helpful
and friendly. Thanks to all!

Happy birding.

Jon
St. Charles