Date: 12/27/18 7:23 am
From: Judy Pollock <jpbobolink...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Terrible news
We’re in shock about the loss of one of our CAS board members and fellow birders, Craig Stettner. Our information is that he drowned in a riptide while on vacation. Craig was dedicated to engaging his students at Harper College in birds, habitat and restoring nature. He was a very knowledgeable, kind and giving person. Here’s an article about his work and accomplishments. https://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-ugc-article-harper-professor-honored-for-environmental-wo-2013-03-14-story,amp.html

His Facebook page is full of loving tributes from his students: a reminder about how a gifted teacher can change lives. Condolences to his family, friends and students.

Judy Pollock
Evanston (Cook)

Join us on Facebook!