Date: 12/26/18 10:17 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: bean goose
Alan,

It was present at McFadden's Marsh on 16 December, when Shawneen and I saw along with several other folks including Doug Robinson. It can be hard to find because it seems to sleep most of the time. With head tucked it can easily get lost among the Cackling and Canada Geese it consorts with. I was amazed that Shawneen was able to find it way out in the marsh on the day we last saw it. It has been consistently found at McFadden's Marsh, particularly during the afternoon hours.

The most recent eBird report that I can find is 18 December, when it was seen by Jenna Curtis and Jesse Laney and one other observer. Unless predated or killed by a hunter it should still be around, as there would be no reason for it to leave at this time of year.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR