Date: 12/26/18 7:05 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Wednesday ECAS Birded Terrebonne to Grizzly Mtn to O'neil hwy - Yellow-rump

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Wednesday ECAS Birded Terrebonne to Grizzly Mtn to O'neil hwy -
Yellow-rump
Date: 12-26-2018 18:32
From: <jmeredit...>
To: Cobol <cobol...>

Last ECAS Wednesday of the year. We added no new species for the year of
Wednesdays, ending with 259, same as last year. Chime in on places to go
in the next 6 months if you want a hand in the upcoming schedule for
2019, coming out in a couple of days.

Probably the most unexpected bird today was the YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER
along Campbell Ranch, near Elliot in Crook County. We were looking for
Trikes and enjoying several species of raptors when the Yellow-rump flew
up out of the wet ditch and was visible again a bit later on a fence
post, for all to see up close. Nice assortment of raptors today. We went
up Grizzly Mtn (2 or 3 inches of snow) hoping for a Rosy Finch or Snow
Bunting but had only a Townsend's Solitaire up there. Along the road,
as well as on a weedy roadside near Lone Pine, we had sparrow flocks
that seemed to each contain a Spizella Sparrow but we never had second
or confirming looks. Sad, one could have been the "bird of the day"

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Canada Goose
Mallard
Bufflehead
California Quail
Great Blue Heron
Northern Harrier
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 1
Red-tailed Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk - 2
Rough-legged Hawk - 1
Golden Eagle - 1
American Kestrel
Virginia Rail - calling along Elliot
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Great Horned Owl
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
Black-billed Magpie
American Crow - Flock near Redmond
Common Raven
Mountain Chickadee
Canyon Wren -Along Lone Pine Rd, rocky riverbank cliff
Marsh Wren - Elliot
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler - Campbell Ranch rd along ditch on south side
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow - 2 popped up to pishing, Lone Pine
White-crowned Sparrow - most numerous sparrow species today
Golden-crowned Sparrow - a few
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird
Brewer's Blackbird
House Finch
House Sparrow
Total number of species seen: 38
Birders today, Kim Kathol, Steve Kornfeld, Mark Neudorfer and Judy
Meredith.
Good birding, get out and join a CBC, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!