Date: 12/26/18 3:35 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Shutdown-related closures at valley refuges
According to a posting from the Friends of William L. Finley NWR facebook group:

"Due to the government shutdown, office buildings, gates and trailheads will be closed until further notice."

This includes the gated portion of Finley (Refuge) Rd., and the Snag Boat Bend Annex.

Presumably similar measures will be taken at Baskett Slough NWR and Ankeny NWR (though I'm guessing that state- and county-maintained roads through those refuges will remain open).

I was surprised to see that the parking area at Tualatin River NWR was still open on Christmas Eve, though the visitor center was closed.

For more information on how different federal agencies will be implementing shutdown contingency plans see:

https://www.doi.gov/shutdown?fbclid=IwAR06Appvek-foS1y3NcF1W5FL9Rx8PoOCkzV9AQaDtxbLSv0-eOxd0fw77I

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis