Date: 12/26/18 11:49 am
From: Monica Grabin <grabinmonica...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Southern York County CBC
The MEYC CBC was held on Monday, December 19th, when 25 of us surveyed the
area from Moody in Wells to Fort Foster, and inland. Weather was not great;
we began in light snow and rain which continued most of the morning,
followed by clearing and then more light rain with temps in the mid
thirties.There was a light cover of snow, and mostly frozen fresh water.
Numbers were quite low across the board. We tallied 78 species, with no new
high or low counts.We had a lot of misses,too, including not a single
warbler. One highlight was a lone Dovekie off the Nubble Light seen by
Dough Hitchcox and Fyn Kynd. We added Red-shouldered Hawk and Ring-necked
Pheasant for count week. Once again we had many Eastern Bluebirds (110),
which always make the day a little better, and we were only 19 off our
previous high count of Mallard, at 1,109. Yippee! Thanks to everyone who
participated.