Date: 12/26/18 8:47 am
From: JimC <wetstuff...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Assateague National Seashore
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 11:53:44 AM UTC-5, Marcia Balestri wrote:
> Roads are open today. Facilities including bathrooms are closed. There are a couple of port-a-potties around for the construction workers that are probably usable although I didn’t check.

An unexpected surprise, Marcia. I remember a Federal shutdown in the past where the turn-South to the Federal park was blocked off. I even talked to some campers. One said there was still water available.

We always take the dog for a long walk when the weather is good in winter. The state park is very restricted about where you can walk a dog - I understand nesting. ...and there are people, like His Petulance who closed the Gvmt., do not feel 'leash laws' apply to them.

I will send a note of thanks to the current superintendent - it was Deborah Darden last I heard.

Saturday coming (5th) - should be another great day at Assateague. Cheers.

Jim

(maybe a couple of Sparrows in the scrub, but nothing notable seaside.)