Date: 12/25/18 4:36 pm
From: Derek Courtney <derek.dana.courtney...>
Subject: A little holiday birding ...
Hi all,

I made my usual non-birding Christmas trip to Grandview cemetery in
Fairmont. It was fairly quiet overall. A few purple finches and a
Red-breasted Nuthatch were the passerines of note. No crossbills,
grosbeaks, or other northern visitors. A quick trip Rock Lake had only
Mallard and Hooded Mergansers visible on the Lake; the Canada Goose flock
must have been grazing somewhere out of sight. Nothing else to report on a
non-birding day. Hoping that the holiday season finds you all well. Here's
to a happy and healthy 2019, with lots of good birds to color the new year.
Best wishes to you all.

Good birding,
Derek

Join us on Facebook!