Date: 12/24/18 5:15 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Baskett birds
Vjera Thompson and I made a brief visit to Baskett Slough today. Highlights were a N Shrike on Smithfield Rd between Livermore and the Van Duzer winery and an imm Red-shouldered Hawk at Coville narrows.

Water levels on the refuge are very high after a long dry spell. Swans and heaps of dux and geese present.

Coming down the valley we saw large numbers of kestrels (many in pairs), plenty of Red-tails, several harriers, a few eagles and no Rough-legs.

The fake GH Owl on the s. edge of Junction City continues.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com